Electrical Wiring Ashford, TW15
When it comes to electrical wiring, it’s essential that you don’t take any risks. Whether you require electrical wiring in Ashford, TW15 for a residential property, or you need the wiring of an industrial building checked over, we can help. Over the years, we’ve completed thousands of electrical wiring jobs, meaning we know first hand just how important professional and safe wiring is. From working on the wiring in retail outlets to hospitals, charities, film studios and more in Ashford, TW15 and beyond, our experience has seen us work on pretty much any type of building, ensuring that the wiring is safe and provides users with an electricity supply they can rely on.
Why proper wiring is so important in Ashford, TW15
There are countless businesses and homes throughout Ashford, TW15, with every single building from Homerton University hospital to the Ashford, TW15 Picture house requiring proper wiring. Whilst proper wiring may seem as simple as turning the lights on and off, it is in fact an intricate process that should only be handled by a fully qualified and licensed electrician.
If a connecting circuit is unsafe or has been poorly designed, it can cause damage to appliance motors because incorrect amperage is being delivered. If the lights in your home or business are on a slightly overloaded circuit, they could flicker whilst an appliance is in use, alternatively you may be at risk of regular tripping or the fuse could blow, shutting down the circuit panel entirely. We know exactly what to look for and how to install proper electrical wiring so that none of these problems occur.
Faulty wiring warning signs in Ashford, TW15
In most newer homes and businesses, modern circuit breakers have replaced the fuse box. It’s not that unusual for the circuit breaker to trip and automatically turn off the circuit. When this happens, all you have to do is flick the switch back. If however, you’ve noticed that your circuit breaker trips regularly, then it’s probably a warning sign of faulty wiring. In most cases, it’s down to too many high amp appliances feeding into a single circuit. When this happens, the total amps amount to more than the circuit is rated for. Alternatively, it could be down to a short elsewhere in the wiring. If you’ve noticed regular tripping, be sure to contact us so we can examine the wiring and make any necessary electrical repairs.
Another warning sign to look out for are discoloured or charred outlets and switches. Be sure to look out for outlets or switches that buzz too, as this is usually a sign that you need to have the wiring checked. Whatever you do, don’t try and fix the problem yourself. Buzzing, charred and discoloured switches and outlets are usually the result of a dangerous problem such as faulty wiring either inside or near the outlet. If you’re noticing problems with a switch, there could be a loose connection, which is causing a short.
One sure sign that there’s something wrong with your wiring is if you receive a slight shock from a switch or an outlet. We’ve answered hundreds of calls from Ashford, TW15 customers who have been on the receiving end of a shock, so if you even have a slight suspicion that your wiring could be faulty, be sure to contact us before it happens to you. Shocks could be the result of a problem with a switch or outlet, but they could also occur if the device you have plugged into the outlet is faulty.
Smelling burning can be disconcerting and potentially dangerous. If you detect any odour coming from an outlet, be sure to turn it off and unplug anything you have connected to it. Don’t use it again until a member of our experienced and qualified team has checked it out and made any necessary electrical repairs. You should also be on the lookout for sparking. If your fuse box or circuit breaker is sparking, it’s essential that you call us urgently.
As we mentioned earlier, flickering or dimming lights could be a sign that your wiring is faulty or you have an overloaded circuit. If your building or home has more than one flickering light, you could have a serious wiring problem. We have experience handling the electrical wiring in Ashford, TW15 buildings big and small, so if you’re in Ashford, TW15 and have noticed that your lights occasionally flicker or dim, make sure you get in touch so we can take a look for you.
It’s important that you don’t overlook any of the potential signs because if they are ignored, it can result in a fire. Many homes and buildings have been damaged because those responsible ignored the symptoms. If any of them begin to occur, it could be a warning sign that your wiring is faulty. That’s when it’s time to give us a call. We’ll respond to your problem quickly and work on any necessary electrical repairs to ensure your home or business has proper wiring that’s both safe and reliable.
A professional approach in Ashford, TW15
If you have an electrical problem such as your wiring, you can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t have any call out charges and, in the case of an emergency, we can be at your Ashford, TW15 address within one hour. In nearly all cases, any work we undertake to repair faulty electrical wiring will be guaranteed for 12 months, giving you additional peace of mind. All of our engineers are fully trained, licensed and insured, so you can be sure that when you call on us to look at your electrical wiring, you’ll receive a qualified and experienced electrician who knows exactly what to look for and how to fix it.
Remember, faulty electrical wiring can be extremely dangerous and can lead to fires, so if you suspect your home or building may have electrical wiring faults, be sure to call our Ashford, TW15 based team as soon as possible. We’ll be more than happy to assist with any questions you may have.